Getting started with the OW-SERVER-ENET-2 is simple. Just follow a few easy steps:
- Apply power to the OW-SERVER-ENET-2. The green PWR/ACT LED will begin to flash at one-second intervals, indicating that the product is operating normally. Power must be 5 volts at 400 milliamp (minimum).
- Connect it to your Network. Connect a live network cable to the Ethernet Port on the device. The green LED on the Ethernet connector will illuminate, indicating a valid network connection. The yellow LED on the Ethernet connector blinks only when there is network traffic.
- Connect a 1-Wire Device. Connect a supported 1-Wire device to any of the 1-Wire RJ12 connectors.
- Determine the IP address of the OW-SERVER-ENET-2 by checking your DHCP server logs or using EDS Appliance Scanner Software available from the EDS website. The EDS Scanner Software requires a Java Runtime Environment, an OpenJDK variant is available for free. If the OW-SERVER-ENET-2 does not find a DHCP server running on your network, it will default to the following IP address: 169.254.1.1.
- Configure your device. Type the IP address of the OW-SERVER-ENET-2 into your web browser (e.g., http://192.168.1.27) and press enter. Select the link on the left called “WEB Setup”. When the name and password is requested, enter “admin” for the name and “eds” for the password. A webpage similar to the one shown to the right will enable you to configure and monitor various aspects of your OW-SERVER-ENET-2.
The OW-SERVER-ENET-2 User Manual and additional resources are available at:
Article is closed for comments.